When Z came back in to check on me at 6:00 she told me that her shift ended at 7:00 and that she was going to see our baby before she left for the day... that being said, she wanted me to start pushing after she did something in the computer. Me being me, I replied that she had told me to let my body do the work as long as I could handle it and I was fine why start pushing? But she was determined she was going to see this through and had me do a test push at 6:05 pm. Apparently I was a good pusher because she decided that I needed to continue to push through that contraction... Ian was super supportive and encouraging throughout the whole delivery.
At 6:50 the delivering OB told me to open my eyes (I had them closed while pushing to block out all the sensory stuff in the room) and take a look. He was holding my baby girl up when I opened my eyes! My first reaction was, "That's not mine..." since Rylie had a full head of sandy blonde hair and I was expecting a bald baby since I was basically bald at birth!!!
Rylie weighed in at 8 pounds 3.7 ounces (which they rounded up to 8 lb 4 oz) and was 19.5 inches long. She was half an inch shorter than I was at birth and weighed the same as me!
My parents arrived at the hospital about 7:10 pm after leaving Tulsa at 8:00 cst...
I enjoyed the "golden hour" of having my baby snuggled up on my chest before she was weighed and checked and all that good stuff. She was beyond perfect!!!!
My amazing nurse, Z and delivering OB, Dr. Mouchawar... I loved them!!!
Proud daddy getting to hold his Princess for the first time!
No comments:
Post a Comment