Recovery was going well until about 10:30 when I started to get uncomfortable, very uncomfortable. I kept telling myself that I had never had stitches, ever in my life so I didn't know what to expect... and I had never given birth. I just presumed that I should be uncomfortable down there... so I asked my nurse, Christa, if I was supposed to be swollen there. She looked and her eyes got as big as saucers and she called the charge nurse who called the OB on call for the Mommy/Baby wing... By midnight, I was in excruciating pain. The anesthesiologist came in and asked me where my pain ranked on a scale of 1-10, my response was that I would rather give birth all over again! She immediately went to find the OB for his order for meds... I had something in my IV within 15 minutes. Next thing I know, they are taking me to the OR. Now I have never had a surgery before (other than my wisdom teeth being removed but that is different) so I had no idea what to expect in the Operating Room... my only experiences with an Operating Room was on TV... so... When they wheeled me into the OR and I saw it was all white and looked like a demo area for Rubbermaid my first comment to the team (my delivering OB, the mommy/baby OB, a l&d nurse, a tech, the anesthesiologist and someone else) was, "This doesn't look like the ORs in Grey's Anatomy..." to which they all were cracking up!
When I woke up, the team was laughing again (or still, who knows they could have had a party while I was in surgery and I wouldn't have known!). The OB told me that they had drained 4 oz of fluid from the labia and removed 2 block clots which were like quarter size jawbreakers. Guess I was in pain for a good reason!
More of the first pictures of Rylie...
Papa with his FOURTH granddaughter...
Grammy with her FOURTH granddaughter...
Daddy and his princess... in the nursery getting her second round of antibiotics.
Mommy and her princess...
Look at those cheeks!!!! And all that hair!!!
Daddy-daughter matching faux hawks...
Cousin Chris came to visit!
Cousin Christina came to visit too!
Cousin Caroline brought Ethan up to see "his baby"
No comments:
Post a Comment