Saturday, August 09, 2014

Going home...

We were discharged from the hospital about 4:00 on Saturday, February 1st. It was snowing like crazy and had been off and on all day. Actually the snow started on Thursday so as you can imagine there was a healthy amount of snow on the ground.



After getting all loaded up and Rylie in the car, we headed home to Grammy and Papa who were waiting for us. It was a slow drive home with the snow and visibility, not to mention Ian being uber protective of his daughter in the backseat... once at home, Rylie was snuggled with love and affection by Grammy and Papa (my parents), their dogs and us.


I started to have increased pain and pressure so Ian checked my stitches to make sure I hadn't popped any stitches since I was up so much moving around on Saturday. He immediately called my dad into the room to verify his concern. Dad agreed that I needed to go back to the Emergency Room to be checked out and after a call to the hospital the doctor on call agreed. So off we went, we left Rylie with my parents - her first babysitters I suppose, back to Louisville to the hospital. The ER doc and the OB on call checked me out and said that what Ian was seeing (and thinking was popped stitches) was just the ends of the stitches and that we shouldn't worry. Apparently my first set of stitches were much smoother and lined up perfectly BUT after my surgery it was almost impossible to restitch as nicely since the skin was very fragile so...

We got home about 2 am, just in time to feed Rylie and go to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment