I am a very caring person who trusts instinctively and who tries to do whatever I can for other people... since Ian and I started dating and more recently got engaged, it has become more obvious to me that some of my "friends" are not as good for me as they seem... I have "friends" that say that they are happy for us and are supportive of our relationship, but don't show it... We have some friends who are so in "shock" that we are getting married that it shows in remarks made on social networking sites. These are the people that I don't need in my life. I need people that are going to be supportive of me and my future. Supportive of the choices that I am making in my life and who actually care enough about me and our friendship to return calls and texts, who actually send an email just to see how things are going, not send mass emails as their way of "keeping in touch."
I know that I have plenty of friends that are supportive and encouraging of the choices that I am making and who truly want to be part of my life. For those that have not shown their best sides in the last 2 years, I am sorry that it has come to this, but I don't need people who pretend to be supportive of me and when I need you the most for support (be it during times of crisis or happiness) you are MIA or otherwise too busy to show your support. I need friends surrounding me that when they say they are excited about something they show it by actually returning calls/texts/emails, who actually want to take the time to see me when I am home, even for a quick trip... I need friends who aren't so wrapped up in their lives to remember to think of others.
For those of you who are those friends to me, thank you for your love, support and encouragement. I know that there are people out there that are not supportive of mine and Ian's upcoming marriage for various reasons, but we are getting married and we are happy about our upcoming union, so basically deal.
These are reflections from Tracey Barnes... soon to be Stiller
No comments:
Post a Comment