During Spring Break, Ian and I decided to skip town and head to Denver for the night. We made arrangements for Kodi to go to a local boarding/training facility and off we went!
We made it to Denver with very little to report, other than stopping to get gas in Edwards and finding out in Denver that the gas cap was dangling out the side of the door... just 100 miles later... Our hotel was pretty cool and in a great location! We were literally next door to Invesco Field and across the highway from Elitch Gardens and the Downtown Aquarium. We had an amazing view of downtown and the roller coasters from our room!!! The hotel, by any means, was not a 5 star, but it was cute and had character. For starters, it was circular, with a restaurant/bar on the top floor!!!
Wednesday afternoon we decided to visit the Denver Downtown Aquarium. Here are some of the pictures that I was able to take before my battery died in my camera! I will post more once Ian uploads his pictures...

Outside the aquarium... the underwater adventure begins!

I couldn't help myself when I realized that Ian was going to have too much fun taking pictures in the aquarium! At least he was able to play with his camera, something he hasn't been able to do for a while!!!

I was able to hold my camera just above the glass to get this little guy sticking his head out of the water to say hello!

My seahorse. I thought it looked so pretty in the red stuff!!!

Ian standing under the "dinosaur" remains...

The usual hold the camera out and take our own picture routine...

Ok so I started to (as Ian would say) "dork out" on the starfish! There were so many colors and sizes and some looked like they were bumpy while others looked fluffy and others still another texture! This one was a medium sized one in the massive tank.

These guys were sooo pretty! I don't think that the camera did them justice!!! The red was almost crimson and the blue, oh my goodness... it was a deep blue!!!

Ian under the bubble in one of the tanks... he's a goof!!! But I love him!!!
Gotta love spring break! Looks like you had a good time.
ReplyDelete