I wanted to take a moment to remember my precious and dear Grandma Alan. She was a very wonderful and special lady in my life. I valued all of the time that I was blessed to have with her. She not only was my grandma, she was my friend, a confident, my ally, and my partner in crime... we could spend the afternoon out shopping or at home sewing and have a good time. She passed away peacefully in her sleep the night of Oct. 5, 2006 and was found Friday Oct. 6. I rushed home to be with my family that evening after getting the news.
This week was definitely a long week for me and my family, but we muddled through each day with a smile on our faces. I know that my grandma is in heaven looking down on me and smiling each day of my life. I am sad that she is no longer here with me to talk to in the evenings, go shopping with when I am home, to discuss the newest Nora Roberts books, to help me finish my quilts... but she is in heaven with her other family and friends and I am sure that she is busy sewing, and ironing and babysitting already!
Please continue to keep my family in your prayers. Thanks so much.
Saturday, October 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was so sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. I know she meant a great deal to you and vice versa. I do hope you got to enjoy seeing the rest of your family, though.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip back, okay?
luv luv
amanda