Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hello the big 3-0!!!

Last Monday (aka President's Day) I celebrated my 30th birthday in STYLE!!!

Prior to my birthday weekend, I went to Denver Thursday-Saturday for an amazing conference on Inclusive Education for children with disabilities. The conference was amazing and I had the chance to hang out with Kim and Traci outside of work!

Ian picked me up from the special education conference in Denver and whisked me off to Boulder for Saturday night and then Estes Park for Sunday/Monday! I am so lucky (at least I think I am) to have a long weekend for my birthday!!! Gotta love Valentine's Day and President's Day!!!

Boulder is a cute city, note it isn't a town... it is an actual city! It kinda reminded me of a smaller Tulsa, regardless, I was thrilled to be in a place that had stores that NORMAL people could afford to enter and shop! We ate at Olive Garden, a place I have been wanting to visit since we went home for Christmas. Only problem was that dinner didn't stay with me for long... actually past the parking lot... unfortunately I had a slight coughing fit and needless to say, before we pulled out of the parking lot, I had an empty stomach! We didn't go out after dinner since it had been an incredibly long day of driving for Ian (snow storm and a sidetrip to Breckenridge for my Valentine's Day gift) and a long day of conference listening. Our hotel was awesome, although I wish we had had more energy to go enjoy the hottub that night!

Sunday we woke up, visited Barnes & Noble, then headed off towards Estes Park. The Stanley Hotel is as beautiful in person as it is online and in photos!!! We still need to go through the hotel and take the official ghost tour at the Stanley. But I digress. We stayed at the Wildwood Inn in a 1 bedroom condo/apartment with a hottub in the living room, fireplace, huge bedroom with king bed and a full kitchen. We walked around town for a little bit, bought some new rocks and fossils for our collections then bought groceries for the night. For Valentine's Day we decided to have our own romantic night in, instead of going to a restaurant. We cooked steaks on the George Foreman Grill, made some mashed potatoes, and had some wine for dinner. We watched some incredibly addictive T.V. shows before enjoying the hottub in our room!

For Valentine's Day, Ian gave me the BEST gift EVER!!!! He stopped on his way to Denver at Breckenridge at the shop that we always visit and bought me a sock monkey hat and glove set. The gloves look like sock puppets!!! The set is sooo cute!!! For my birthday, Ian had arranged for me to have a massage and facial with his cousin Berkeley! I get a day of being pampered by one of my favorite people in Basalt!!!! I am so incredibly lucky!!!

Before leaving Estes Park, we stopped in town again and had our picture taken at the "old time" picture place at the "saloon." I feel like I am the luckiest girl!!! Thirty is going to be fun!!!

We celebrated my birthday for the entire week! We had dinner on my birthday at Riverside with our favorite bartenders, Dave and Donna... then on Friday had dinner with Berkeley, Russell, Traci and Jeri at a small Italian restaurant in El Jebel!

Good-bye 20's... HELLO 30's!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment