Sunday, February 07, 2010

February...

Welcome to February... once again, I am sick on the first week of the month... for the past 5 years I have managed to get an upper respiratory infection or bronchitis/pneumonia type virus the week of the 100th day of school!

This week has been a stressful week. Not only have I been sick, but I had a meeting with my supervisor with BOCES (my employer) on Friday. I found out that it has been requested that I be removed from the school I have been serving since August. I am thinking that a lot of the issues are more political than directly aimed at me professionally, but it is still hard to not take what has been said to heart. I have thoroughly enjoyed working in that building with so many wonderful kids, teachers and para-professionals. I am going to miss them terribly. I hope that the decision to place me in 3 middle schools (grades 5-8) and 1 high school isn't set up for me to fail. I know I am a good speech therapist and that my heart is in the right place when it comes to my kids.

This week is going to be a weird week. I am starting my new assignment, going to Denver for what I hope to be an AMAZING conference on Inclusive Education and then to Estes Park with the boy for my 30th birthday!!!!

I will post soon with my 101 things that I hope to accomplish in 1001 days... thanks to Bethany for the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment