Saturday, August 11, 2007

Moving, Work, Unpacking... OH MY!

Well I have diligently been working on getting some of the clutter out of my apartment every night when I get home from work, but so far I haven't noticed much of a change!

I think that I am going to enjoy my job in Claremore, once I get over these new terms such as RED meetings and MEETS meetings and CARGs and whatever else terms Oklahoma uses that are so foreign to me! I am starting to make some friends in Claremore and even some new friends in Tulsa! The girl that I am going to work with (there are 2 SLPs in our building) is completely crazy and awesome! She cracks me up all the time!

We have been going through materials in our classroom... what treasures we have found! I found a 1948 copyrighted version of on eof the DICK & JANE books on our shelves!!! Not to mention the Speech-Language textbooks that were left behind that are all copyrighted between 1937 - 1952... think those have the most up-to-date techniques in them??? We are trying to figure out what to do with these old textbooks... one thought has been to go on the Antiques Roadshow to see if they are worth anything!!! We have repainted our classroom, and moved everything BACK into our room and sorted through stuff once... with intentions to purge more really old materials in the near future.

Other fun stuff in my life includes receiving a letter from the State Dept of Education notifying me that they did not have my test scores from the National test that I took before I graduated... According to everyone I have spoken with, it appears that my scores were never sent out to the locations that I designated on the form when I took the test back in 2004! So now I am frantically trying to find MY copy of the test scores so that I can fax them to the state to get my temp license before school starts on Thursday! The problem is that I can't find my current state (Tx) and National (ASHA) license cards, or my folder that has all my credential stuff in it from college! I think they were left in Texas, or at least it appears that way to me still!

Pictures of my apartment are still to come... haven't made it that far yet in the process of sharing with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment