Thursday, May 24, 2007
Moving???
Well I am starting to wonder whether or not I should even contemplate moving back home to Tulsa after all... I have sent in my resume to just about EVERY school district within 45 minutes of Tulsa and even applied at most of them and have heard nothing back... the one school district that I had talked to, after talking back and forth for a month, emailed me (after neglecting to email me a week earlier with directions) saying that they felt bad because they didn't email me back to let me know that they had filled the position... I find out later that the position was filled by a recent grad (of 2 weeks) whose mother works in the building... why on earth would they talk to someone for a month, schedule an interview with them and then contact them a day before their interview to say - oops... nevermind... Then I interviewed with our Early Intervention program through the state. Once again after talkin to the clinical director, she made it seem like after meeting me we would be signing the paperwork and I would have the job. A position that has yet to be filled for the past year... I interviewed for the position, thought that it went well... got a letter today saying that the position was filled by someone else that they had talked with but that they will keep my resume on file... yeah okay... I don't understand where I am falling behind the recent graduating class. I am happy that they are finding jobs, I was in their shoes not so long ago... but at the same time, I have 3 years of experience on them, I have completed over 125 hours of continuing education in various fields, I have good references... what is wrong with me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nothing is wrong with you! It's just that a higher power is delaying things until just the right opportunity comes along. Believe it... have faith in Him and in yourself. You will be an asset to whoever gets smart enough to hire you!!!!! I know it's hard to be patient, but be strong and know that it will happen when it is RIGHT! We can't wait till you're back in Oklahoma. Until then, you're in our hearts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteWe're really frustrated for you Tracey. It would be nice to make a easy transition back to Tulsa. Judy and Jim Sisler
ReplyDeleteHang in there. It will all work out the way it's supposed to work out. Enjoy your summer and hopefully things will go quickly.
ReplyDeleteTake care.
Update:
ReplyDeleteReceived a phone call from Claremore Public Schools... they want to set up an interview with me as soon as I can come to Tulsa... Dunno if I really want to be working that far from Tulsa but it is a job... I am going to continue to keep praying and hope that is all works out in the way that it is meant to work!
Tracey