Well it is day four of our trip... we didn't do a whole lot today. We drove to a town north of here called ESSEN (north of Cologne or Koln) to go to a horse show... apparently this is a big deal horse show... and it is also in the states... We had quite the adventure getting home!!! It took us about 2 hours to get to Essen, and about 5 getting home! I was following the "directions" from the computer, just in reverse, only problem was that most of the signs that we saw going to the place were not the ones we were needing to see on teh way home... go figure... I did get us back to Cologne, I just managed to get us a little further to the east than we needed to be... when we stopped (cause I wasn't 100% sure where we were) we were almost to Bonn... which is between Cologne and Euskrich and to the east... We retraced our steps, went back to Cologne and tried again. We still missed the exit that we needed but that is alright we found another city on the map that we recognized and that got us home. THe problem with driving here in Germany is that the autobahns aren't labeled like our highways are in the states... Example to get to my house in Justin you would exit I-35W at exit 76 Argyle/Justin... not that way here... you have a sign with city names (which are long and hard to pronounce) with some random numbers either in a box, a circle, or in some other shape within a box that are supposed to mean something but they don't... you don't always exit the highway either when your directions say to exit...sometimes you just stay straight... yeah... it was an adventure.
I am hopeful that tomorrow we will actually do some sight seeing and get out of the house. I am DYING to see some of the castles and cathedrals and roman ruins that are in this area!!! Things that I can't see in the states!!!!
Can anyone believe that I have only taken like 6 pictures since I left my house on Thursday? Yeah... a few on the plane and one of a windmill in the sunset... shocking huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment