Sunday, January 07, 2007

Starting 2007 like I ended 2006...

Everyone sends out holiday cards that somewhere in them say, "May your New Year be filled with love and happiness..." or something to that line... well my 2007 is starting out to be a repeat of the end of 2006. My mom called me tonight to tell me that her dad had passed away. I had already been prepped for this earlier in the week when he went into the hospital for severe abdominal pains... and when he left the hospital they gave him 3 months to live... that was on Friday afternoon... I don't think that we ever got the official results of the biopsy that they did on him.

Right now I am feeling very numb. I am still reeling from the loss of my grandma in October and sorting through those feelings, now I have lost yet another grandparent. For those of you that know me really well know how I have felt toward my paternal grandfather... you know that it is because of his alcoholism that I wasn't allowed to have much of a relationship with him or my grandmother... it is because of his abusive behavior that my mom did not have a relationship with him... I grew up hating this man for what he did to my family... yet I still loved him so innocently. Why you may ask? Because he was my grandpa. In my eyes, even though I knew the things that he did and had done, he was still my grandpa and I still loved him.

I am very glad that I was able to go to dinner with him and my grandma Christmas Eve. He was relatively happy that day. I will always have that memory with me.

Please pray for my mom, her sister, and my grandma during this time. My mom is doing alright, as is my grandma... my aunt on the other hand has a lot of things to deal with as she didn't know her father very well and once she had the chance to get to know him, she didn't really take the opportunity to do so. She was just in Tulsa a few weeks ago and she didn't even call him...

Thank you for your prayers. I will hopefully be back in Tulsa this weekend to be with my parents. I am hopeful that my grandma will move in with my parents so that we don't have to worry about her living by herself in that neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this Tracey and will be thinking about you and your family.

    ReplyDelete