Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I've been SEW busy!

I've been sewing... a lot lately... since last summer I have been a busy bee! I hadn't touched a sewing machine in years, specifically, before my grandma Alan passed away! My friend Karen had the patience to sit down with me and help me to sew the purses for the wedding party last June and since then, I've been on my own! Here are some pictures of my sewing products!



A blanket that my Grandma Austin and I made together when I was home in November. It is a little girlie- pinks, paisleys, owls... my future daughter will have something that her great grandma helped to make!

 A boy blanket that I made for a co-worker... super cute!


This is the boy blanket that my grandma and I made together. Greens, browns and monkeys galore! I love monkeys as most people know!!! I just need to finish the binding of this little creation and it is finished!


Burp rags that I made with scraps from receiving blankets that I made for friends that had twins this spring! The back is a green minky material!


This is the "back" of my dad's quilt that I started in October 2011. I am now thinking that I am going to make two quilts for him... use the flames as the back of this one and he can keep it at the station...


A monkey quilt for a co-worker. I found out that her theme for her new son is sports and monkeys along with reds/blues/browns... so I used a red back with baseballs to accent the brown front!


Another girlie blanket for a co-worker... there were 5 pregnant people in our building... this one is one of my favorite color combinations!


Yet another girl blanket...


The gender neutral blanket for my sister in law... I am hoping that Henry LOVES his flannel blankie made with love by his Aunt Tracey! I used weenie dogs on the back since Kelly and Jack have two weenie dogs at home!


The purse that I made for McKenzie. The outside is flannel and the inside regular cotton.


A little fleece monkey. My 5-6th grade girls made monkeys out of flannel this spring semester. I have made 2 fleece monkeys for our cousin's boys... This one is smaller than the first.


A gender neutral baby blanket for the last pregnant co-worker... She LOVED frogs so it fit!


The purse that I made for Syrina. I used two fat quarters to make this one.

Over all... since last June, I have made... (DRUM ROLL PLEASE)
150 corn sacks/tubes- wedding favors and fire station gifts
1 flannel/fleece quilt throw blanket for my Intern
10 flannel baby quilts (most of them pictured above)
4 little purses (2 pictured above)
1 larger Hobo purse
9 reversible bags for wedding party
2 full size quilt fronts for my dad
12 napkins- to match the placemats
8 quilted placemats - a wedding gift for friends
1 table runner - needs the back and quilted...
4 receiving blankets
4 burp rags/silkies
1 baby blanket with flannel on the front and chenille on the back
12 monkeys - with/for my 5/6th grade students
6 tote bags - for my 5/6th grade students

No comments:

Post a Comment