Ed is getting ready to redeploy to Afghanistan for a year with his unit from Oklahoma. He has been participating in training since mid-February and creating a family out of his new unit. He is coming home for 3 days next week to see his family and have a grand shin-dig celebrating life and friendships! I am incredibly bummed that I will not be able to be home for this party!!!
Today, I asked my students in my "Severe Needs" program to write a letter/make a card/draw a picture for my friend and I told them about Ed. The kids all did a great job of writing notes, although most were "too mature" to draw a picture or add color to the pictures they were drawing...
Here is a card that was made by one of my 5th graders. He is a very straight-to-the-point kinda guy... very sincere, very straight laced...

I love you Ed and I know you will come home to us safely!
No comments:
Post a Comment