Well this weekend and week have been busy for us! Over the weekend we got the BRILLIANT idea to have our rehearsal dinner at our house instead of at a restaurant. Why, you might ask, would we want to have everyone at OUR house just before our wedding????? Well, we are getting married in a remote location and there are only a few restaurants in the area that are nice, only problem is they all end up being too expensive or out of the way from the hotel. So... we thought we would just host the dinner at our house so we can show off our beautiful home as well as save money! This way everyone we love gets to see our house and what we have done with it and meet our children (Kodi and Buddy) as well as hang out in a comfortable setting. No worries about dress code, no worries about closing time, nothing, nada... We talked it over with Ian's parents and they seemed to like the idea, so now we need to get some catering quotes together and sent to his parents and this portion of the wedding will be complete! Ba-da-bing...
Other wedding related news. The Tulsa reception is coming together. I ordered the post-card invites on Saturday. My dad is getting too excitable about the plans, he has already arranged to have cakes made for the reception (he didn't like the idea of getting a cake from Sam's...) and wants to have food catered in. I don't know what has gotten into him, but alright! I got the cool customized cocktail napkins in the other day for the reception and book 2 (volume 3) of our photo books last week! I am working on making book 3 (volume 2- 2010) now so all I have left to do is our engagement book. I am planning on having the engagement book be our guest book so people can write whatever they want instead of signing on the line of a book that will never be looked at. We have decided on a caterer, we just need to call them back to confirm everything! We are still deciding what we want to do about flowers- order them from Costco and make our own bouquets/boutonnieres/corsages/centerpieces or have a florist do the bouquets, etc and us just make the centerpieces. My final dress fitting is this Thursday and then I will have my entire wardrobe together in one place minus the veil which Ian's mom will receive in May.
We have started working on details for two different bridal showers and I can only hope that Ian can go home with me in June so he can be apart of those (also so we can have a couples event too)... I am extremely excited about seeing everyone in June! We have received quite a few reply cards back in the last month and are up to 39 attendees I think. And of course, me being lil' Miss O.C.D. I have made a master copy of the guest list for all events... Ba-da-boom!
Since is it Spring Break and we are broke, we decided to spend the week together working on projects in the house. We have purchased the wood to put together a desk for me (using our pre-existing file cabinets as base support) so I can not only have my filing cabinets for organization but also organize and store my scrapbooking supplies in one spot! This will also free up a bookcase for books... and unload several more boxes! We set up our DVD shelves the other night and that made a huge dent in the room! Ian has also drawn up plans to fix our dining room table (stain the top piece of wood before adding the glass over it) and has that project going... with any luck we will have the table finished this week, my desk together and organized as well as our gardens started!
Gardens... yea... we are growing up... we bought a lawn mower and a tiller attachment for the weed-eater this week along with flower bulbs and seeds, soil conditioner and fencing... Ian worked like a crazy man yesterday raking all the "decorative" rocks from the border garden between the garage and sidewalk as well as in the bed beside the house... weather permitting we are going to till these areas, put up the border around them, mix in the soil conditioner and plant some flowers! I am super excited about this! We bought colorful decorative Indian corn, miniature pumpkins, miniature gourds, colorful cacti, along with an assortment of colorful flowers in the last two days!
I better run, I hear that it is time to start putting the shelves together for my desk! Pictures to follow sooner than later I hope!
Love and hugs!
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment