Back to the posts about the cruise... In Grand Cayman Trevor and I decided that we wanted to try our hands at SCUBA diving... Of course, the ships paperwork specifically stated that if you had ANY sortof respiratory or cardiac problems that you could NOT participate in THIS excursion... we pretended that I did not have asthma... wink wink wink... not to mention that my inhaler was left in my living room floor when I did my final walk through of the house before leaving to fly to Houston... Scuba diving was really cool and fun once I got over my two (or three) panic attacks in the pool! I should probably back up here and state that in order to "maintain proper buoyancy" I needed a 6 lb weight belt on top of the 50 lb or so air tank that was on my back and however much the other equipment weighed that was attached to the vest thing I was wearing... It was kinda eery for me to hear myself breathing at first in the pool! It sounded like Darth Vader!!! I was somewhat afraid that I was going to use all of my oxygen in the tank before I got into the ocean! When we got out of the pool my adventure began! Going down the second step from the pool to the sidewalk my tank dropped down on my back... had to have it tightened. Started walking (not the easiest task as I had half my own body weight added to me on my back) and managed to get about 10 feet closer to the boat slip where we were supposed to get into the water when my tank dropped yet again... this time the instructor tightened it up and moved it higher on my back, so that the hoses were directly behind my head. In the ocean I had quite a bit of difficulty floating in the "middle" of the water space... I was either snorkeling on top of the water or hanging out with the coral at the bottom. I do not recommend that at any time when you go scuba diving that you hang out with the coral unless the wetsuit that you are wearing is a full length pant and long sleeved one... not shorts and short sleeves. I was attacked by the coral more than once. Yes, the coral attacked me not the other way around! I ended up holding on to a 2 lb weight with my life for the remainder of our dive!!!

I did manage to take a few pictures while on our dive between snorkeling and sinking... here is a picture that Trevor took of me during one of the few times I was where I was supposed to be!

Here is Trevor after we finished the dive. He looks like Scuba Steve to me! He had a blast and of course was a natural at the task!!!!

This is the oh so handsome pirate that we saw on our walk back to the town after diving. Isn't he absolutely adorable!! I think he liked me... ;)

Here Trevor decided to join me with the pirate. Guess he wanted to the pirate to know who was boss! :)

Senor Frog... what more can a girl say about Senor Frog!!!!
That night on the ship was the second formal night... I managed to not take any pictures of me and Trevor dressed up on my camera. I don't know HOW I managed this, but I did! The formal pictures that we purchased on the ship were really good, I will have to find the time to scan them and add them later! I had to stand so that my coral marks didn't show so badly in the pictures... teach me to wear a short dress with red marks on my legs!
No comments:
Post a Comment