I have a favor to ask of my closest friends. I know that I can come to you all for anything, and through high school you all proved that I could come to you for prayer and a shoulder to cry on at any time... Most of you have heard me talk about my "lil brother" you know, the kid that is the closest thing that I will ever have to a little brother... well I am asking for prayer for his family.
When I came home the last time three weeks ago, Blake's Memaw had gone into surgery to remove cancerous tissue from her body. She has been in the hospital in and out of ICU ever since. Things are not looking so great for her right now. The last I heard the doctors were saying that she had pancreatic cancer and that it was in the late stages of development. I know that some new tests have been completed and she has undergone more surgery... but tonight my lil brother said that she wasn't doing so well.
I am asking for prayer for her, for peace and comfort from the pain... for her family as they struggle with this situation... her daughters, ex husband, and oldest grandkids have been staying up at the hospital around work schedules around the clock... but also prayer for little Ana Rae... the youngest grandchild... she is innocent... she does not know what is going on other than Memaw is in the hospital and that she can't go see her. Prayer for acceptance, comfort, peace, understanding...
Thank you all for this. Losing a loved one is not easy, as we all know... it has been almost 4 years since we lost my grandfather... Memaw is as much like a grandmother to me as my own grandparents. I hate that I can't be in Tulsa right now to stay with Ana and to help the family out. It hurts me to know that I won't be able to come home to be there for them anytime real soon unless the inevitable happens...
Lord hear our prayers...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Save, O Lord and have mercy upon Blake, Ana, and the sick grandmother (name, Tracey?), for You are good and the only Lover of Mankind. Amen.
ReplyDeleteUpdate on Memaw:
ReplyDeleteI talked to my lil brother today and he said that they are not expecting Memaw to live much longer... they have moved her to a new room and have her on high levels of pain meds to make her comfortable...
I'm so sorry Tracy.
ReplyDeleteHugs
YOM
Hey Tracey...I'll be sure to keep her in my thoughts. You have so much room in your heart to love so many people...glad I get to be one of them! ;)
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you had a blog page here. I started one here about a month ago after I was mysteriously booted from myspace. Whatever. I like this site much better...go check out my page!