Tuesday, July 11, 2006

COWGIRL UP!

NOTE: Pictures have been removed from this blog... I finally figured out how to edit the pictures!!!!

Ok... so you have seen this picture once in this blog... I promise that I didn't upload it twice... I guess the computer program just KNEW that I loved this picture A LOT!!!! So as most of you know, I spent most of the month of June out in Nevada with my boyfriend's mom and sister. These are some of the pictures that we took of me being a "cowgirl..." Below (and above) you see a picture of me in my lovely shirt that announces that my boyfriend is out of town! I am holding Ang's horse Jake for her while she gets ready for her ride at the State High School Rodeo. Since Kendra (Trevor's little sis) wasn't riding I didn't have to be in western attire, hence this cute shirt! Have no fear! I bought Trevor a shirt that says that his girlfriend is out of town... he has yet to wear it and I have been gone for most of my summer vacation! Isn't the scenary awesome! Yeah stop laughing... the thought of me sitting on the tailgate of a truck holding the lead rope for a horse in my boots and cowboy hat... yah yah yah...

This next series of pictures is from Gymkhana. It is a riding club where you can participate in the speed riding events or horse shows. Kendra participates in the speed riding events, which is what I did that particular weekend! Don't I look the part of a barrel racer/pole bender???? My dad is still stuck on me NOT wearing a cowboy hat... :) The horse that I am riding is named Paul... he is just about as old as me... he's a good ol' boy!
Notice the look on Paul's face... it is as if he is thinking, "Not the blonde chick again..." We had quite a weekend of riding together! It was the most that Paul had been ridden in a LONG time!!!! I am sure that I confused quite a few people at the Gymkhana with my saddle and my display of extraordinary riding skills! I had the privelage of using Kendra's HIGH POINT girl saddle which she won at a rodeo last summer and I had the chest strap that said Rookie Cowgirl 2005 (or something to that effect). I almost wasn't allowed to ride in the events that day! The registration lady wasn't going to let me ride without having one of my parent's signatures!!! Something about having to have parent signature to ride if you are UNDER 16! She didn't believe that I was older than 16!!! That was funny to say the least!

This is after all the events were over and we were getting ready to trailor up and come home. I didn't really win a ribbon... I was just pretending... they stop awarding ribbons at 6th place and I had two 7th places and two 8th places! Paul looks realy tired!!! No more riding for him for a while!!!! (Which was fine with me cause my buns were REALLY sore from all the riding!!!!)
For more information on my times and the events (and even a video which is on the funny side) contact me...
I was quite proud of myself for completing all five events! And I did them all in UNDER a minute! We won't discuss how my times compared to Kendra's... but hey she has been doing this for a few years!!!!

These next pictures are from the day before the Gymkhana... the MAIN reason that Paul was so tired! We went for a Longhorn Roundup as previously mentioned in another blog...

This would be me with the four cowboys that were with us on the ride. Ernie is to the far left and Mike is next to him. I can't remember the other two guys names. I know that the horse to the right of me (with the blaze like Paul) is named Jake... They thought it would be funny to take a picture of me in chaps (or chinks) and a hat and beer with the guys and send it to Trevor... Throughout the entire day the guys called me TEXAS... not quite my name... but ok... we had lots of fun, crossed quite a few muddy bogs... and even saw a few longhorns. I must say that I think that we covered all 1500 acres of the ranch at least twice...

Here Kendra joined me on Jake for a picture! Jake and Paul look a lot alike! Overall I had a great trip in Nevada and I miss getting to ride and hangout with Kendra! She is the best "sis" that someone could ever ask for! Her mom isn't bad either!!!! Thanks for the good times while I was home with you!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the threepeat of pictures in the beginning! I promise I didn't do that intentionally! If only I knew how to delete one picture and not all of them...

    ReplyDelete